Ariana Grande to return to Manchester for star-studded benefit gig

Ariana Grande to return to Manchester for star-studded benefit gig

Ariana Grande Concert News

MANCHESTER: US pop star Ariana Grande announced Tuesday she would return to Manchester to headline a star-studded benefit concert for the victims of the deadly attack on her show last week.

Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Usher and Take That will join her for Sunday s concert in memory of the 22 people who died, seven of them children.

“Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before,” Grande said.

The 23-year-old said she was “broken” and suspended her world tour after the bomb went off near an exit of the Manchester Arena venue at the finale of her show on May 22.

Fans who attended that show will be offered free tickets to the benefit concert at the Old Trafford cricket ground, with the rest sold to raise money for the affected families.

“Music is meant to heal us, to bring us together, to make us happy. So that is what it will continue to do for us,” Grande said.

Grande is a favourite of pre-teens and as well as the children killed, a number of the victims were parents who came to pick up their daughters.

Written by 

Related posts

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!