RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s security forces said on Sunday they had arrested 46 people for their suspected link to a terrorist cell responsible for a stunning attack outside Masjid-i-Nabwi, in Madina, last year.
Interior Ministry spokesman Major General Mansour al Turki said the group was also behind a suicide bombing near the US consulate in Jeddah.
Both attacks took place in July last year during the final days of Ramazan.
The bombing outside Masjid-i-Nabwi killed four security officers.
Talking to reporters, Mr Al Turki said that 32 of those arrested were Saudis, while the 14 others were from Egypt, Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan and Jordan.
The ministry previously identified the Madina bomber as a Saudi national and the Jeddah bomber as a Pakistani resident.